Summer Home Maintenance
July 10, 2018
Behind SFI: Meet the Team!
May 30, 2018
Leilani’s Graduation & Birthday Surprise
May 9, 2018
Eyeing Storms This Hurricane Season
Local Events Near You: Happy Earth Day
April 20, 2018
Twister Truth: Will You Be Protected When Tornadoes Strike?
April 18, 2018
Travelers Elite Agency Award
Tax Day Is Right Around The Corner: How Will The New Tax Reform Impact Your Return?
April 11, 2018
René's big 65
Spring: SFI is Celebrating Poetry Month with a Poem
April 6, 2018
May 10, 2016
December 13, 2017
As Christmas day gets closer and closer, more and more live trees are being purchased and brought home. With their beauty and delicious scent, comes responsibility.
Fresh trees are less likely to catch fire. Make sure to keep trees away from heat, fire sources, fireplaces, candles, and radiators.
Here are some recommended ways to practice Christmas Tree Safety:
1. ALWAYS keep the live tree's base filled with water to avoid dry out. A dry tree can catch fire in a matter of seconds!
2. Throw out any damaged lights...Artificial trees have been known to catch fire as well due to faulty wiring, or half plugged in lights.
3. Keep ALL candles away from the tree. Make sure to set up your tree in a well ventilated area.
4. Turn your X-mas tree lights off before you go to bed each night! This is one of the easiest ways to prevent fires from starting over night.
5. When shopping for a live tree, make sure it isn't already dead before leaving the lot! Check the needles, and make sure they don't fall off too easily. If they do, it's not safe to bring home.
Once your tree begins to drop needles, it is time for your evergreen to go. Say goodbye until next year to avoid a fire.
-Your friends at SFI
Top 10 Things